Our outcomes include:
- Clarification of diagnosis
- Comprehensive assessment report for the referrer including the use of disorder specific measures
- Advice on management for the local team
- Client and family education
- A reduction in distressing DPD symptoms following psychological therapy
In an open study people with DPD, seen in our clinic who were treated individually with cognitive behaviour therapy, showed significant improvements in measures of DPD severity, as well as in dissociation, depression, anxiety and general functioning at post-treatment and six-month follow-up.
Hunter et al (2005) Behaviour Research and Therapy