Terms & conditions
License to use the site
SLaM grants you a limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable right to access, use and display the site and the materials thereon and use the Services for your personal purposes only, provided that you comply fully with these Terms and Conditions. You shall not interfere or attempt to interfere with the operation of the site or its services in any way through any means malicious or otherwise.
SLaM owns, controls, and licenses, or otherwise has the right to use and provide, the site and all material on the site, including without limitation all text, images, articles, photographs, illustrations, audio and video clips contained therein (collectively, the “Site Material”).
You may not use, copy or otherwise exploit any of the Site Material or any part of the site without the prior written consent of SLaM.
SLaM logos are trademarks and/or service marks of South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. All trademarks and service marks owned by SLaM, including such logos, may not be used without the permission of SLaM. All rights reserved. Any other marks appearing on any of our Sites are the property of their respective owners and may not be used without permission.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
SLaM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any section of the Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time. Changes in these Terms and Conditions will be with immediate effect (instead of effective when posted).
By using any of our site, you agree that you:
* Will only use our site and services for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and with any applicable Community guidelines.
Agree to provide us with accurate information in connection with any registration through our sites and to take responsibility for the information you provide.
Without limitation of the foregoing, you agree to not use any of our site or any services to:
* Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any communication that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, embarrassing, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or sexually explicit.
* Using the site in order to give unwanted and uninvited attention to another user of the site.
* Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any communication that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status or disability.
* Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any communication that increases the stigma against people who use mental health services.
* Harm minors in any way.
* Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to a NHS employee, official, forum leader, moderator, guide or host or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
* Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted on, to or through any of our site or any services.
* Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any communication that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, including but not limited to proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or otherwise barred from disclosure pursuant to the terms of a confidentiality agreement).
* Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any communication that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other rights of any party.
* Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit (a) under any circumstances “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or (b) any other form of solicitation, except in those areas which may be designated for such purpose.
* Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or any other similarly destructive activity.
* Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges.
* Interfere with or disrupt any of the site or servers or networks connected to the site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks related to any service; or
* Violate any applicable national or international law.
You also agree that you will not harvest, collect or store information about the users of our site including without limitation (remove), for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic mail or communications.
Monitoring, Editing and Disclosure of Communications
No Responsibility for Transmitted Material
You acknowledge that transmissions to and from our sites (other than referral data submitted through the appropriate secure channel on our site) are not confidential, and to that extent your communications may be read or intercepted by others. You acknowledge that by submitting communications to SLaM, (other than referral data submitted securely) no confidential, fiduciary, contractually implied or other relationship is created between you and SLaM.
Comments? Complaints? Contact us
If you have a comment or complaint regarding the site itself, any content present on the site and/or the conduct of anyone using the site.
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on our site or any of the services offered through our sites, in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you can notify us by providing the information required.
If you have any additional questions regarding these Terms and Conditions and/or our site in general, please feel free to contact us at: marketing at slam.nhs.uk
The site provides these links for information and convenience only. Links to external websites have been carefully checked, however the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust is not responsible for the content of these third party websites. The views and opinions expressed on the third party sites or expressed by groups related to the third party sites do not necessarily reflect that of the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.